Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Trademarks, Brands & Tattoos 2

Finally...  I don't know if my internet connection, a problem with YouTube, or a problem with my computer - but uploading this file has taken much longer than usual!

So, here's part two...

It might seem that I contradict myself by talking about being a welcoming community while at the same time offering the opportunity to get off the bus if these behaviors are not something an individual is willing to do.

Remember this: evangelization, discipleship, and service (next Sunday) are essential aspects of being a FOLLOWER of Jesus and by extension part of the parish of St. John XXIII here in Tamaqua.  My message is already longish, if I were to give an extensive list of how to do this things, how to evangelize, how to be an intentional disciple, or how to serve I would need days because the list would be limited only by the imagination of anyone wanting to do these things. Consequently, I offer only a few practical thoughts about each behavior.

Another aspect of "being on this bus" is the reality that everyone is on a different place on their journey toward holiness and sainthood. Therefore, a simple WILLINGNESS to be an evangelist, an intentional disciple, a servant is what counts, as well as finding ways to make those behaviors an important part of life. It is this that guarantees a seat on this bus.

Finally, ONE reason why I post these recordings is so that parishioners who hear me each Sunday can have the opportunity and means to hear the message again so that they can catch all that I said. When we listen to one sentence we often miss the next because we are still thinking about the first. Being able to listen to the message again enables you to catch what you missed. Catching what you miss may very well help to clear up any confusion about what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment